Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 17:58:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      doug@safeport.com
To:        Chris <kingsqueak@home.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape Navigator that doesn't require 2.2 compatability?

Thanks Chris - as I got linux emulation on for StarOffice, I can give that
a try.

My installing an older port question was a bit more complicated. What I was
trying to ask: suppose I wanted to install 4.72 to see if that version was any
better. My 4.0 systems only seem to have a port entry for 4.73.

So am I not finding the 4.72 entry? Or, can this be done (easily)?

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Chris wrote:

> I'm running 4.73-linux on 4.0-STABLE
>
> Auth's in Apache work just peachy, and just to be different ;-) I have
> to say that seriously, this is probably the most stable NS has been for
> me in a few years. Also, 4.73-linux runs better on FreeBSD than it does
> on my linux box.
>
> As for 'uninstalling' a port..
> 	1) 'pkg_info | more'   this will list all the packages you
> 	have installed
>
> 	2) 'pkg_delete <pkg name>'  will remove the package
>
> 	3) To reinstall just cd /usr/ports/<pkg name> and do 'make
> 	install'
>
> Always keep in mind that if you are having trouble with a port, be sure
> you have recently <that day> cvsup'd the ports collection. Then do a
> make distclean and make install again in the pkg dir you want.

_____
Douglas Denault
doug@safeport.com
Voice: 301-469-8766