Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 09:57:24 -0800
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Reasonable UCE Controls for Postfix?

I run Postfix on a FBSD 4.4 server.  I have spent the last few days
combing the Net for information on how to reduce my level of received
spam.  I've found the Postfix pages describing all the individual UCE
controls but I haven't found anything that ties it all together and
explains a strategy to reduce spam.  What are a reasonable combination
of controls that will stop some spam but still allow most mail
through?  I guess I kind of want to set my mail system restrictions
like this list.

Thanks,

Drew

P.S.  I have procmail installed and am aware of the various filters
out there for reducing spam.  However, I would like to reduce the
amount that ever makes it to procmail.