Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 14:50:08 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xl driver for 3Com

> >> I have no stake in 3com cards (they are
> >> problematic in LINUX as well)...maybe the cards are flawed? Its not my
> >> problem.
> >
> >It *is* your problem. Supposing you can't get Intel cards anymore.
> >Then what're you going to do.
>
> Use something else that works. If none of them work then FreeBSD is no
> longer a viable option.

This is the core fallacy; you should restate this as:

  "If none of them work, then FreeBSD is no longer a viable option
   because it will require me to do some work to help fix them".

I'm sorry; the FreeBSD Project is dedicated to developing operating
system code, not wiping your ass.  You've received abundant offers of
assistance requiring no more than minimal effort on your part, and
turned them all down.  This kind of selfish laziness is something we
can all do without.

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org