Date:      Sun, 04 Apr 1999 11:00:57 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, kachan@startv.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ftp question

At 03:50 AM 4/4/99 , Greg Lehey wrote:
>On Sunday,  4 April 1999 at 18:28:00 +0800, Terence Chan wrote:
>> I am sorry that I post this question, but I really need help.
>> I am looking for a way to upload file to the freebsd box
>
>Well, ftp will do that.
>
>> and include file description with each file.
>
>I'm not sure which description you mean.
>
>> Therefore, when people browse it using the browser and they will be
>> able to see the decription of each file. How can I accomplish this??
>
>I don't know.  I don't quite understand the question.  Can you explain
>which description you mean?  Maybe I'm misinterpreting your use of the
>word "file" as well.  What kind of file are you talking about?

I think he wants a BBS-like file on the left, description on the right
setup. This can be accomplished with Apache and its AddDescription
directive (
http://www.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_autoindex.html#adddescription ) in
.htaccess files in the file directory. It can be used for a display like
http://www.chip-web.com/pub/win95/
--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com ) ICQ UIN: 692441