Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:14:28 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spamcop now completely broken?

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006, Stefan Bethke wrote:

> Is is just me, or has SpamCop become useless? Two weeks ago, they were
> listing apache.org, now they're listing freebsd.org...

Looks like they're blocking mx2, 69.147.83.53.  That's the new address
since Friday. It says "Spamcop users have reported system as a source of
spam less than 10 times in the last week."

I've heard that Spamcop has a pretty high false positive rate, higher
than some other DNSBLs that have a reputation for it, but I haven't used
the Spamcop DNSBL.  Just looking this up and comparing a few other
things, it doesn't look like much.

The old addresses for mx1 and mx2 were in my access.db with "OK" codes
for a long time, so now seems to be a good time to add the new
addresses, 69.147.83.52 and .53.