Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 1996 08:37:29 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org
Cc:        grog@freefall.freebsd.org (Greg Lehey)
Subject:   Re: Setting disk sector size?

As Greg Lehey wrote:

> Yes, I have no doubt that I'll need to reformat.  That's not the
> problem, I just want to know how to set the block size first.

I've just checked with my old scratch disk (a flakey Maxtor
MXT-1240S), and this one lets me specify a sector size on the Rigid
Disk Geometry page (using scsi -e).  The size will be reverted to the
current size if i'm performing some IO on the drive.  I'm now
reformatting...

So if your IBM drive doesn't do it this way, they will most likely
abuse a vendor-specific mode page for this.  You have to get this
information from the vendor then.

--
cheers, J"org