Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 1997 22:01:04 EDT
From:      Hetzels <Hetzels@aol.com>
To:        bad@uhf.wireless.net
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache w/FrontPage Module Port

In a message dated 97-10-23 17:10:42 EDT, bad@uhf.wireless.net writes:

> What user is your apache running as? /usr/local/etc/apache  and httpd.conf
>  should be of the ownership the apache server runs as. Check your apache
>  config files.

The default hhtpd.conf has the server running as nobody, in group nogroup.
With the port I am writing I want the /usr/local/etc/apache &
/usr/local/www/data directories installed so that they are owned by the same
user & group.  The way the original apache port was written, who ever
installed the server owned these directories.

Looks like I now need to an owner & group before the Install of the server,
modify the httpd.conf to use them as the default, Inform the user of the root
webs owner & group before fp_install.sh is run.

Scot