Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:06:27 +1100
From:      paul van den bergen <pvandenbergen@swin.edu.au>
To:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problem: wi0: watchdog timeout

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003 05:14 am, Eric Landuyt wrote:
>  have a DLink DWL650 wireless card, on a P90, and I'm desesperately try=
ing
> to get it working on a FreeBSD 4.7 system.
>
> I wanted to setup it on a FreeBSD 4.7, but the box freezes after printi=
ng:

> Mounting root from ufs:/dev/md0c
>
> So I looked on the net, and added the following lines to my
> /boot/loader.conf file:
>
> hw.pcic.irq=3D"0"
> hw.pcic.intr_path=3D"1"
>
> Now, FreeBSD boots very well, all others network cards are working prop=
erly
> (1 NE2000 ISA card and 1 Realtek PCI card), but I always get the follow=
ing
> line
> just after pccardd setups the card:
>
> wi0: watchdog timeout.

I wonder if it is an address space clash (have a look at the pccardc man=20
page)? I had this problem a lot with certain cards using wi...=20
You may try setting pccard_mem =3D 0xDN000 (in /etc/rc.conf) where N =3D =
0 (the=20
default), 4, 8, or C.

there is a timeout function too... see /etc/defaults/rc.conf and search f=
or=20
pccard... You may find increasing it helps.

Note: These are just guesses, other things to try. It' can't hurt. can it=
? ;-)

--=20
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
caia.swin.edu.au
pvandenbergen@swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
It's a book. Non-volatile storage media. Everyone should have one.