Date:      Sat, 01 Feb 1997 23:27:53 -0500
From:      "John D. Smerdon" <jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tyan Tomcat II SMP video problems

At 10:52 AM 2/1/97 -0700, Steve Passe wrote:
>options		SMP_INVLTLB
>
>set when using APIC_IO?  this is MANDATORY (but ONLY with APIC_IO).

I had it set with and without APIC_IO.

A just compiled a kernel without APIC_IO and SMP_INVLTLB and it works!  I
just rebuilt most of the kernel with a `make -j 8`

>this smells like hardware to me.  I believe this board is the one that had
>a problem with its cache module.

The motherboard came with the "new and improved" cache module.  I have been
using Windows NT since October and getting  FreeBSD installed and
configured over the last couple months and have never had a single crash.
So I think the hardware is good.

>the only thing that jumps out is having ep0 on IRQ15, try to keep everything
>off of 14 & 15.

While trying to get a configuration that worked with NT, FreeBSD, and PNP,
I stuck the ep0 on IRQ 15.  I can try to move it somewhere else and see
what happens.

Thanks for your help!
--
John D. Smerdon;  Livonia, Michigan, USA;  Contents are my opinion.
Home: jds@smerdon.livonia.mi.us