Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 18:37:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Adding this to the fact that the "games" there are antiquated and
> probably never actually played by anyone suggests, to me, a strong
> need to simply nuke the bloody things once and for all and stop
> distributing games from anywhere but /usr/ports/games (where fortune,
> arguably one of the few "games" still in wide use, could easily be
> moved).

I would miss /usr/games/rot13; after all, it is all I get for encyryption
in the base install.  Don't tell me pathetic US laws will remove this one
too.  <g>

But seriously, not having rot13 (and fortune) in the base system would be
bad IMHO.  primes, random, number are also good shell script utils, but
they are obscure enough to be left out of the base.