Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 16:06:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree 3.3 and my Wincast problems.. GOOD NEWS

Hi Gang:

First - Amancio, thanks for the heads up on XFree 3.3.

I just upgraded to 3.3, and also changed from the S3V to the SVGA server
(because it supports acceleration for S3 Virge cards, of which my Stealth
3D 2000 clone is one).

Result: I can now run fxtv in Ximage and regular modes. No more lost IDE
interrupts.  Also, contrast is a lot better now with fxtv (with XFree 3.2A
I used to have to ocassionaly adjust contrast and brightness depending on
wether the scene was dark or bright - this seems to not be necessary any
more.

John-Mark - please also try upgrading to XFree 3.3 and let us know if the
upgrade makes your problems go away too.

Bernie