Date:      Thu, 1 Apr 2004 08:52:18 -0500
From:      David Rhodus <drhodus@machdep.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        postmaster@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Removing the freebsd-config list

On Apr 1, 2004, at 8:20 AM, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> That's what the list is ostensibly for, but the users are seeing
> "freebsd-config" and thinking something different.  If there's still
> interest in the subject, the mailing list should at least be renamed
> to something more obviously not about technical support :)

I think this is more of a problem with the freebsd.org website not
giving any technical support direction. This is the case now and
was the case years ago when I started pointing people to FreeBSD.
I always had to point them to the mailing lists because the webpage
is setup more as marking hype about FreeBSD than it is geared
towards being friendly on the front page to its novice users.

-DR