Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2003 00:26:33 -0500
From:      Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org>
To:        Freebsd Isp List <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: merging 2 passwd files

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 12:41:14AM -0000, InvictaNet Customer Support wrote:
> Can anyone help?
> I am merging 2 existing servers into one new server.
> Can anyone suggest a way I can merge the 2 master.passwd files without
> duplicating uid's?

This part of the merge two hosts problem, I have solved.  It's the "make
the historically different and incompatible web configs work together"
part that is slowing me down.  I'll probably give up and run completely
seperate web servers but I've been trying to avoid that.  I want to
bring them inline with current best practices.

Anyway, I have a script called rsync_passwd.sh that I've been tweaking.
I just went through and "generic-ized" it so that I could post it.  So
something could be broken.  There was a lot of search and replace used.

http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/scripts/rsync_passwd.sh

lambert@lambertfam.org