Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:34:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        <cube@septuagint.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: howdy

At Thu, 20 Dec 2001 it looks like cube@septuagint.org composed:

> Greetings,
>
> I recently bought a webcam, Logitech Quickcam pro 3000.  I know this is not
> supported by freebsd at this time.  Can you point me to someone who I can
> talk to, I am a programmer and wish to write the drivers for this camera, but
> I really don't know much about writing drivers on Freebsd.  I have used
> freebsd forever as a desktop and am a little too biased to go to linux or,
> may the good Lord forbid, windows.
>
> Who can I talk to that can just give me some quick pointers so I can start
> developing?
>
> I appreciate your time.

I use that camera (USB) with Linux, must be kenrel >2.4.13 compiled
with the video modules enabled. Here is the software I use.

http://www.smcc.demon.nl/camstream/index.html

I log in at home via ssh and have now found out which one of our two
cats is the culprit in the computer room, in person the
cats held tight to their story of "meow, we didn't see anything..."

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076                 -o)