Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:07:16 -0800
From:      Bill Huey <billh@gnuppy.monkey.org>
To:        Guerry Semones <gsemones@treenleaf.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need info for compiling JDK1.3.1 on FreeBSD with Native Threads

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 12:02:08PM -0700, Guerry Semones wrote:
> We are initializing the JVM *in* the C++ code using
> JNI_CreateJavaVM.  The code runs fine on Windows 2000 with
> JDK1.3.1.  We are porting to FreeBSD.

Which means nothing since Win32 has different things happening
within it. You can't just call that function without initializing
the environment the JVM lives in (mmaps, threading, weak symbol
resolution) which is why the JVM should be started first and then
some kind of native method is used to initialize your C++
program, run it, etc...

The JVM environment should be the program driving the coexisting
program.

I mean, what did you expect ? ;-)

bill