Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 1997 09:55:37 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        Simon Shapiro <Shimon@i-Connect.Net>, filo@yahoo.com, freebsd-SCSI@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with reboot

>>There is an issue with FreeBSD shutdown not waiting for the DPt to flush
>>caches as it should.
>
>   Should be easy to fix by adding a shutdown routine to the driver that waits
>for the flushes to complete.
>
>-DG
>
>David Greenman
>Core-team/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project

If we're not waiting for the last close to complete, that is a bug
that should be fixed.  I believe that Simon added a syncronize
cache command into sdclose which should address the DPT issue so
long as it actually gets performed and we wait for it to complete.
The syncronize cache command may be required for other disk devices
as well, and a generic solution is always better than a controller
specific one.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations