Date:      Fri, 07 Apr 2000 14:29:54 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Plan to incorporate chapter 2 of the 4.4BSD book

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 12:53:06 +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> I'm in communication with the editor of the 4.4BSD book (McKusick et al)
> about the possibility of publishing chapter 2 (Design Overview) as part
> of the FreeBSD online handbook.

Right, we have go-ahead from Addison-Wesley to incorporate the chapter
into our www distro, provided that mirrors do not mess with the blurb
that describes that the text is "excerpted with permission".  Also, this
is with the understanding that the www distro is _not_ distributed on
CDROM.

The original idea of incorporating this into the Handbook is obviously
not appropriate, since the handbook is dsitrbuted on CDROM.

Addison-Wesley would like a list of our .freebsd.org www mirrors.  Where
can I find such a thing? :-)

I have the troff sources for the chapter from Kirk, and am busy
familiarizing myself with DocBook so that I can transcribe the text into
the sgml form that we'll need it in.

Ciao,
Sheldon.