Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 21:14:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chris Piazza <cpiazza@home.net>
To:        "Michael E. Mercer" <mmercer@ipass.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: apache13-fp probs: fpsrvadm.exe core dumps.

On 29-Mar-99 Michael E. Mercer wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am running 4.0 current and am trying to get apache13-fp
> to install, however the executable fpsrvadm.exe core dumps.
>
> I have tried to do this on two different 4.0 machines,
> same thing happens on both.
>
> Is there something I am missing?
>
> later
> Michael Mercer

Yes,

dg          1999/03/11 10:28:47 PST

  Modified files:
    sys/i386/conf        Makefile.i386 kernel.script
    sys/i386/include     pmap.h
  Log:
  Increased kernel virtual address space to 1GB. NOTE: You MUST have fixed
  bootblocks in order to boot the kernel after this! Also note that this
  change breaks BSDI BSD/OS compatibility.
  Also increased default NKPT to 17 so that FreeBSD can boot on machines
  with >=2GB of RAM. Booting on machines with exactly 4GB requires other
  patches, not included.

Either manually back this out or use 3.1.

---
Chris Piazza    Abbotsford, BC, Canada
           cpiazza@home.net
finger norn@norn.ca.eu.org for PGP key