Date:      Wed, 20 Jan 1999 11:32:21 -0800
From:      "Jason K. Fritcher" <jkf@calweb.com>
To:        <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Symbol mappings in loadable objects.

I just realized, I hit reply, instead of reply all, to the original
response, so here is a copy to the list.

>On Tue, 19 Jan 1999, Jason K. Fritcher wrote:
>You didn't say whether you were using an ELF or an a.out box, but judging

I am developing on a 3.0-release box that I upgraded to -current at the
beginning of December.

>by your comments, you need to add -export-dynamic to your command line so
>that:
>
>gcc -g -o blah blah.c
>
>turns into something like:
>
>gcc -export-dynamic -g -o blah blah.c

That did the trick on the 3.0 box.

Just to try it, I compiled this code without the -export-dynamic flag on a
2.2.5 box and it works. Why is the default of 2.2.5 to export the symbols,
and in 3.0 a flag is needed?

Thanx for the help. :)