Date:      Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:29:52 +0000
From:      Robert Slade <bsd@bathnetworks.com>
To:        "freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org" <freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SUN U10 - Xwindows Again

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 15:38, Matthias Muthmann wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 06.07.2005, 15:04 +0000 schrieb Robert Slade:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm still having problems with getting Xwindows to work.
> >
> > I'm using 6.0-Current. The machine is a U10 with Creator Graphics and a
> > (uk) Type 6 KeyBoard + 3 Button Mouse - at least that is what it says on
> > it.

Snip

> Well,
>
> I'm no expert, but I have some ideas:
>
> I think dri is not (yet) supported, I get the same errors, but that
> doesn't seem to matter.
> I seems, that you have problems with your input drivers.
> Have you enabled mouse support in your rc.conf? I have - perhaps it's
> needed.
> You are trying to use the new kbd-keyboard driver, which doesn't work
> (yet). You should either try to use the keyboard-section from my config
> with the deprecated "keyboard"-driver, or try Dejan Lesjak's fixed
> version, which he posted last month on this list.
>
> Good Luck!

Many thanks Matthias,

I am still getting the same errors when using the keyboard driver and
the mouse enabled in rc.conf.

I have just noticed in the Xorg log file this:

(II) /dev/fb0: Detected FFB2+/vertical, Single-buffered.
(II) /dev/fb0: BT498 (PAC2) ramdac detected
(II) /dev/fb0: Detected Creator/Creator3D
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
[drm] failed to load kernel module "ffb"
(II) SUNFFB(0): [drm] drmOpen failed
(EE) SUNFFB(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed.

Is the ffb module required?

Rob