Date:      Fri, 29 Aug 1997 23:32:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Johan Larsson <gozer@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Xquake, still no luck.

On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Kyle Mestery wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Aug 1997, Johan Larsson wrote:
>
> > Isn't there anyone else having problems with xquake? On my box it still
> > hangs after "Console initialized", no screen pops up, nothing. I think it
> > happened after 18/8, and i don't think it has nothing to do with the
> > sounddriver, more the linux emulation or something. Are you all running
> > with old currents or is it just me that have this problem?
> >
> > 	wbr
> > 	Johan
> > --
> I have never had xquake hang for me over the last few weeks, except for
> the newer linux binary I got hanging every now and then.  I am now running
> current from this weekend with no xquake hangs.  What is your hardware
> setup?  Did you get your xquake binary from Amancio's site?

P166MMX 64M S3Trio64.
X33, S3server.

Didn't find any xquake binary at rah. Used the i386-ELF-xquake-1.06 from
linux xquake page. Works on my friends freebsd box with a couple of weeks
old current.

I have tried to reinstall X, built new worlds, reinstalled linux-lib,
both from ports, and from prebuilt backage from ftp.freebsd.org. Nothing
works.. It just get's to:

[johan@moon][ttyp2] /dos/c/spel/quake >i386-ELF-xquake-1.06
Added packfile ./id1/pak0.pak (21 files)
FindFile: ./id1/gfx/pop.lmp
Playing registered version.
FindFile: ./id1/gfx.wad
Console initialized.