Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 12:05:09 +0800
From:      Jimmy <jimmy@tricom.com.ph>
To:        "Jorge Mario G." <murcielako@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPF/ qmail vpopmail courier-imap

On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:27:31 -0500 (CDT)
"Jorge Mario G." <murcielako@yahoo.com> wrote:

> HI
> I've been trying to install a courier-imap server in
> freebsd for a while
> no matter what i try it always fails to auth.
>
> the point is i've done thise in linux machines with no
> problem... so i think the problem comes from the
> ipf/ipnat part
>
> I have an ipf firewall and i redirect the ports to the
> Server box with ip 192.168.0.2
>
> then when i try to connect from my windows PC
>
> i see this in maillog
> =================================
> Aug 18 21:24:55 gator imapd: Connection,
> ip=[192.168.0.4]
> Aug 18 21:25:00 gator imapd: LOGIN FAILED,
> ip=[192.168.0.4]
> Aug 18 21:29:23 gator pop3d: Connection,
> ip=[192.168.0.4]
> Aug 18 21:29:27 gator pop3d: Connection,
> ip=[192.168.0.4]
> Aug 18 21:29:32 gator pop3d: LOGIN FAILED,
> ip=[192.168.0.4]
> Aug 18 21:29:34 gator pop3d: Connection,
> ip=[192.168.0.4]
> ====================
>
> Ive tried imap and pop and get the same error
> i configure outlook with the imap server as
> imap.server.com i ge the same error
> also i try with the ip (192.168.0.2)
> but no luck
> thanks for the help

Hi Jorge,

Be sure you specify the parameter WITH_VPOPMAIL=yes before you build the
courier-imap from the ports collection, in this case after
make install, it didn't copy the authvchkpw module to
/usr/local/libexec/courier-imap/authlib directory so you have to go to
the /usr/ports/mail/courier-imap/work/courier-imap-1.x.x/authlib and
copy the authvchkpw file to /usr/local/libexec/courier-imap/authlib
directory, then start the daemon
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/courier-imap-imapd.sh as well as the
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/courier-imap-pop3d.sh,  this will authenticate your
vpopmail users from imap and pop3d.

Hope this help.

--
Jimmy Lim