Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 1999 17:55:53 -0500
From:      "Andrew Buettner" <buettner@purdue.edu>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Networking problem

here's my situation:  2 boxes(1 nt (rj-45), 1 freebsd (coax)), 1 dorm room
ethernet jack, and a hub.  I have 2 valid IPs.  Either box works fine alone,
but if I have them both plugged into the hub at the same time, my bsd box
get's 50-60% packet loss (which goes away simply by disconnecting the NT box
form the hub) what might be the souce of my problem?