Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 1999 21:42:21 -0800 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Grinch416@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ?

> rereading the fqa and other documents i law that the installation disk needs
> to files to work and 2 disks the files i read were (kern.flp) and
> (mfsroot.flp)    this much different from what i was told to do the last time
> i installed FreeBSD.   Last time i had to run to files together and put them
> on 1 boot disk which would bring me to the set up and kern
> configuration.........i was wondering if i was right understanding the texts
> and also was wondering what all thoes files were under the mirror
> sights.......

	For the new 3.1 installation, yes there are two files to put on
two floppies. kern.flp and mfsroot.flp If you follow the instructions from
the front page at www.freebsd.org it'll lead you to the download/install
for 2.2.8 instead, which is one floppy.
	The files should be located in the /floppies directory under the
version of FreeBSD you wish to install.

						Rick