Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 1997 22:31:47 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        pst@juniper.net, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: good CS4237 based sound cards?

Luigi Rizzo scribbled this message on Oct 12:
> > Paul Traina scribbled this message on Oct 11:
> > > I'm looking to buy a 4237 based sound card for use with FreeBSD.
> > > Can someone point me to boards that use this chip?
> >
> > well.. I sell these boards for $25+shipping...  the ones that I sell
> > are Audio Excel AV-320...  they are 48k/16bit full duplex boards.. plus
> > OPL3 and MPU-401 midi uarts...  they also probide SB/Pro emulation and
> > SB16 (at least the docs say that, but I haven't tried/test it)...
>
> I think the emulation is only SBPro, not SB16. Just for the records of
> course since the WSS mode is the preferred way of using the card.

yes... I agree, but a friend was looking at the cdrom (for the drivers
that REQUIRE win3.1 to install).. and the docs say it was supported..

but nothing in the pdf of the cs4237b that I read says anything of the
sb16 emulation...  the actual chip is cx4237 though...

also, I agree.. WSS is the best mode to run it in.. :)  lets me use vat
flawlessly..

ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD