Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 15:06:49 -0300
From:      Luiz Lins <luigi@vecom.com.br>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Fatal Trap 12

Greetings.

    I have a FreeBSD-2.2.5 RELEASE runnung in a P133 48Mb RAM, HD SCSI
4.1 Gb, adaptec 2940 controller.....

    Everything was OK, when a few days ago, the machine began to lock
and reboot automaitically. When it occurs, I get the following message:

        FATAL TRAP 12:  PAGE FAULT WHILE IN KERNEL MODE.

    What does it mean? Is a hardware or software error?

                                                            TIA

Luiz Lins