Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 17:31:09 +0100
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@boothman.easynet.co.uk>
To:        Martin Poulin <mpoulin@honk.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Back on topic...

Martin Poulin wrote:
> So in my case, a 486 with 16 MB ram is way too slow, and I need tons
> more disk space.  If I wasn't running X, it would be a different story

I hope so...

I'm going to setup an intranet server for my school. It's going to house
all sorts of pupil and teacher written information probably running of
Apache.

Also, It'll be running mini/mySQL with a perl CGI script accessing it to
provide a database of useful web sites (a la Yahoo).

Being a poor school, I'll get a 486DX2 with maybe 8MB RAM to work with.

The machine certainly doesn't need X, so I hope this hardware will be
enough!

--
Andrew Boothman <andrew@boothman.easynet.co.uk>
http://www.boothman.easynet.co.uk/andrew/