Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:36:17 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The /usr/bin/games bikeshed again

In message <20010215135437.A3838@dragon.nuxi.com> "David O'Brien" writes:
: On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 08:34:33PM +0200, Mark Murray wrote:
: > I have coarsely cateogorised the games in src/games into broad
: > groups - adventure/strategy, board/card, novelty, quiz, arcade and
: > utility.
: ...
: > I'd like to turn each category into a port (ports/games/bsd-adventure
: > for example), with the exception of "utility"). Those, I'd like
: > to keep where they are.
:
:
: I fully support this idea.  Anything else in the base system that was so
: old and little used, would have been pushed to ports a long time ago.

Agreed.  The make buildworld stuff is slowed down by a whole minute
:-)  Seriously, except for fortune there's nothing in /usr/games that
gets used enough to warrant its inclusion in the base system, except
for sentimental reasons.

Hey, what's this uucp stuff? <duck for cover>

Warner