Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:32:59 +0100
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "Mehmet Erol Sanliturk" <m.e.sanliturk@gmail.com>, "Jerry McAllister" <jerrymc@msu.edu>
Cc:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>, Andy Young <ayoung@mosaicarchive.com>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ways to promote FreeBSD?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mehmet Erol Sanliturk"

> My opinion is that most important obstacle in front of FreeBSD is its
> installation structure :
>

> It is NOT possible to install and use a FreeBSD distribution directly as it
> is .

I disagree, we find quite the opposite; FreeBSD's current install is perfect
its quick, doesn't install stuff we don't need and leaves a very nice base.

Linux on the other had takes ages, asks way to many questions, has issues
with some hardware with mouse and gui not work properly making the
install difficult to navigate, but most import its quite hard to get a nice simple
base as there are so many options, which is default with FreeBSD.

In essence it depends on what you want and how you use the OS. For
the way we use FreeBSD on our servers its perfect. So if your trying
to suggest its not suitable for all that's is incorrect as it depends on what
you want :)

    Regards
    Steve

or return the E.mail to postmaster@multiplay.co.uk.