Date:      Sun, 30 May 1999 16:37:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        rb@gid.co.uk (Bob Bishop)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: APC SmartUPS 110v

Bob Bishop wrote...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have the allowable setpoint values for 110v versions of the APC
> SmartUPS? The upsd-2.0 port seems only to cater for 230v versions. TIA

I noticed the same things as well.  I ended up using upsmon, which is
/usr/ports/sysutils/upsmon.

I hacked it to read the temperature sensor on my SmartUPS 1400 and the line
frequency.  (figured out how to read those values from the upsd sources)

It'll shut your machine down in the event of a power outage, but it isn't
nearly as configurable as upsd.  On the other hand, it seems to work out of
the box, and upsd seems to need a bit of hacking to work.

Here's a sample of the output from upsmon's command line status utility:

{panzer:/usr/home/ken:9:0} upsstat

        UPSMON Status Reporting Facility
        ---  upsmond version 2.1.3  ---

             APC UPS 700 Status Info
                     Model: SMART-UPS 1400
                 CopyRight: (C) APCC
          Manufacture date: 01/08/99
                  Serial #: [ deleted ]
          Firmware version: 70.11.D
                  Local ID: ken1
 Last battery replace date: 01/08/99
      Nominal line voltage: 115 V
   Nominal battery voltage: 24 V
                 Available: YES
                   Standby: NO
                Line Power: OK
                   Battery: OK
              Line Voltage: 120.90
                      Load:  34.30 %
           Battery Voltage:  28.01
             Battery Level: 100.00 %
               Temperature:  90.32 F,  32.40 C
            Line Frequency:  60.00 Hz

It says "APC UPS 700", which of course isn't correct.  The correct info is
in the model description above.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry