Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:09:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   IDE CD-R(W) under FreeBSD?

Is it possible to write to one of these drives in FreeBSD?  I looked at
the cd(4) and worm(4) man pages, but they only mentioned SCSI drives.  I
looked at the documentation for cdrecord and cd-write but there was no
mention of IDE drives with FreeBSD.

This is the output I get from the acd driver in FreeBSD 3.4-RC:

wdc1: unit 0 (atapi): <Hewlett-Packard CD-Writer Plus
8100/1.0g>, removable, accel, dma, iordis
acd0: drive speed 4134KB/sec, 1024KB cache
acd0: supported read types: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA, packet track
acd0: supported write types: CD-R, CD-RW, test write
acd0: Audio: play, 256 volume levels
acd0: Mechanism: ejectable tray
acd0: Medium: CD-ROM 120mm data disc loaded, unlocked
__
Trevor Johnson