Date:      Sun, 04 Apr 1999 13:21:31 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        "Brian's Mail" <bellefso@execpc.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Tape Backup

There was a discussion a while back on this topic. The comments in
general stated that there were problems once you dropped below the
DLT's. I have had relatively good luck with a DAT but they are
sensitive to usage. The hobby systems such as the TRx's have
inexpensive drives and expensive tapes. I think they produce
inexpensive results. The people I know that are doing backups of
100GB+ server system's use stacked DLT's. They don't require 1.5 times
as many tape drives as systems in order to account for repairs in
progress.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart