Date:      Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:15:42 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Marc van Woerkom <marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com>
To:        jandrese@mitre.org
Cc:        marc.vanwoerkom@science-factory.com, bartol@salk.edu, joeo@cracktown.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XFree86-4.0.1 and DRI

> I'm not so convinced.  I ran Utah-glx on my G200 card and never saw any
> of the promised speed increase.

I have only experience with nvidia cards, whose Utah GLX driver had the
reputation to be a lot less powerful than the Matrox one.
For nvidia it was not close to an accelerated Win32 driver, but it
was obviously faster than pure software rendering.

> Maybe nothing was using any of the
> advanced features of my card, I don't know.

Sounds a bit like it did not kick in.

> increase may be due to the more efficent 2D.  I'm not sure if the 3D
> acceleration ever worked under X.

For G400 I remember happy users, about G200 I would need to have
a look in my mail archive at home..

Regards,
Marc