Date:      Thu, 8 Oct 2015 18:31:23 +1030
From:      "O'Connor, Daniel" <darius@dons.net.au>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>, FreeBSD-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svn commit: r288983 - in head/sys/arm: arm include

> On 8 Oct 2015, at 17:08, Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com> =
wrote:
> First step actually is to make an effort to obtain the said support =
code
> and to read the license before looking at the single line of the code.
> The App Note 98 stated that the code is 'provided with the note', but =
> failed to make any useful consequences of the statement.

Downloading =
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.dai0098a/DAI0098.zip
(linked at the bottom of =
http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.dai0098a/index.html) =
unpacks to a Windows installer :-/

There is a vfp-support-license.txt file I put here
https://gist.github.com/DanielO/b83a7872a61251109de1

IANAL but it doesn't look BSD compatible.

There are 2 CAB files in there, 'unshield' unpacks them OK but the =
library is just binary so it seems useless. The 2 CAB files seem =
identical contents but different MD5s (no idea why).

Looking a bit more, I'm not sure what the library in it is actually for =
- there is vfp_init.s which doesn't seem to actually DO that much.

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."