Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2006 01:17:40 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        sam@errno.com
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gateworks 2348 any experience with it?

In message: <455B6F8D.90307@errno.com>
            Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com> writes:
: Past that we haven't ironed out how to boot from CF.  We can either
: stick a bootstrap in flash and have redboot load that or we can stick a
: kernel in flash.  Once flash can be r/w from freebsd I have a tool for
: reading and writing redboot config parameters that can be used to
: simplify some of this.

I'm guessing that the boot2 work I did for the atmel part may be
relevant here.  Place it in a small area redboot can load, and have it
do the rest.  Should be ballpark 12k depending on what all is needed
from it.

Flash should be read/write soonish.  After man snags, I'm getting two
of the xscale boards...  the 2 port that Sam has been working on and
the cheaper 4 port version...

Warner