Date:      16 Jul 2002 12:45:41 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: evolution

On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 05:27, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
> Am Di, 2002-07-16 um 05.17 schrieb Joe Marcus Clarke:
> > On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 13:09, Martin Klaffenboeck wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Evolution isnt building here, because of the following:
> > >
> > > configure searches gtk-config, I just have gtk12-config here.  So
> > > evolution tells me to set the GKT_CONFIG environment variable.  If I do
> > > so, it doesn't find glib-config because I dont have glib-config here,
> > > there is just a glib12-config.  I tryed to set the environment variable
> > > GLIB_CONFIG, but that does not influence the evolution configure
> > > script.  Is there something wrong with the evolution 1.8 port?
> >
> > Make sure you have the latest version of /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnomeng.mk as
> > well as the latest evolution Makefile.  I don't see a problem with the
> > Makefile (i.e. GLIB_CONFIG and GTK_CONFIG is set properly).
>
> Oh yes, everything is up to date.  I never post a problem, when my
> sources aren't that.
>
> Could it be that my problme is because of my own entrys at the beginning
> of the bsd.gmome.mk I always use so gnome1 will not be installed,
> because I'm running gnome2.

Definitely.  These lines should be removed.  The new GNOMNG build system
should now prevent overwriting GNOME 2 components with GNOME 1.4.1
components.  There may be a few ports needing conversion, but I think
Evo should now be set.

Keep a close eye on the build process to see if the whole gnomecore is
being compiled.

Joe