Date:      Sat, 25 May 2002 20:29:25 +0200
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pilot-Link/JPilot 'invalid argument'

Hi there -

I have a Palm m505 which I'm trying to connect to my machine using a USB
cradle.  I'm using the 'development' version of Pilot-Link (which is known to
work for some people), and the latest version of JPilot.

When I try to sync, however, I get the following error in JPilot:

 | ****************************************
 |  Syncing on device /dev/pilot
 |  Press the HotSync button now
 | ****************************************
 | pi_bind Invalid argument
 | Check your serial port and settings
 | exiting with status -10

/dev/pilot is a symlink to /dev/ugen0.2, which appears to be the port the Palm
is connected to, as I get the following message on my console, when I press
the hotsync button:

 | May 25 20:23:27 juno /kernel: ugen0: Palm, Inc. Palm Handheld, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2

I have proper permissions on ugen0.2 (0666), and JPilot is linked against the
right Pilot-Link (the one with USB support).

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work?

Thanks!

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps