Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:22:41 +0900
From:      <taguchi@tohoku.iij.ad.jp>
To:        kevin.lo@toptk.com
Cc:        will@physics.purdue.edu, keichii@peorth.iteration.net, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New MAINTAINER sought for KDE2 core ports

Hi, Kevin.

> > > Seriously, I wonder if Kevin will be willing to take over, since
> > > he is also a KDE committer, and can act as FreeBSD<->KDE liaison
> > > person.  What do you say, Kevin? :)
> >
> > Sounds like a good idea.  :P
>
> Heh, Mike, you're a bad guy, aren't you? :-)
> Welll, I'll be willing to take over maintainership.
> I think I'll be busy soon...

I have following patches (some of them were sent to Will, too).

* x11-toolkit/qt22 Qt2.2.1 -> Qt2.2.2 upgrade patch
* x11-toolkit/qt22 fix i18n probrem patch
* x11/kde2         fix i18n probrem patch

As you know, kde2 has i18n framework, but it's only framework.
Actualy it does not work fine. It has many probrems.
For example, Qt2.2.2 codec can not support Japanese/Chinese.
Additionally, it can not support XIM correctry. So our Asian
people can not Display/Input our languages.

In Japan, There are many patches for fixing these probrems.
See http://www.KDE.gr.jp/patch/

And I have a patches for FreeBSD Qt/KDE ports which support above
patches.

Can/May I send them to you?
Or Should I send-pr them?

Thanks.