Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 12:25:22 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Mark Knight <markk@knigma.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Panic with BT Speedway / AVM Fritz!PCI ISDN

[redirected to freebsd-isdn]

> Until installing a BT Speedway (AVM Fritz!PCI), ISDN card, my early
> August 4.0-C box was stable.
>
> Since then, I've had numerous panics, complete with advice to increase
> NTPBUFFERS / maxusers. Despite a new world as of 5/9/99 and greatly

NMBCLUSTERS ?

> increased kernel parameters the panics have not been eliminated.
>
> At the moment I'm only using the card to receive voice calls, triggering
> a call to my ISP. Panics seem related to number of calls since last
> booted, some sort of leak?
>
> Before I start serious debugging, has anyone else got this problem, or
> even better a solution?

FWIW, I've been seeing the same thing with an ISA Teles S0/16.3.  I
haven't reported anything because I just haven't had the time to get
any useful information together, and I haven't got any workarounds.

Possibly unrelated:

I also see an instable second rbch device which I belive is isdnd's
fault:  When the machine is originally booted, bringing up both links
is possible, but when the second link is disconnected it won't come
up again.

Killing and restarting isdnd will fix this.

I'm using user-ppp (of course).  When I originally got this stuff
working it was with 0.82.10, so my plan is to go back to that version
of isdnd and roll the diffs in one at a time to find out what causes
the instability.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>                        <brian@FreeBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;                   <brian@OpenBSD.org>