Date:      Tue, 26 Mar 1996 10:48:43 -0600 (CST)
From:      mikebo@tellabs.com
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        mikebo (Mike Borowiec)
Subject:   OSF Micro Kernel for Linux/FreeBSD/etc (fwd)

FreeBSD hackers -
I received a copy of this from a friend who does a lot of PowerPC work.
Since I've seen nothing about this on the FreeBSD lists as yet, I thought
some of you might like to know about this new frontier. The article
mentions FreeBSD, but perhaps the discussion is more germane to NetBSD.

Is the FreeBSD core team open to the idea of possibly moving to a Mach
3.0 micro-kernel, or is there significant sentimental attachment to
the traditional, monolithic BSD kernel?

Unrelated shot-in-the-dark question: Does ANY version of Linux
incorporate the FreeBSD or 4.4BSD Lite TCP/IP networking code?
- Mike