Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:24:36 -0600 (GMT)
From:      Sean Welch <welchsm@earthlink.net>
To:        Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATA patch and others

Out of curiousity I went poking around and discovered that
/data/ppc/etc/termcap was linked over to
/usr/share/misc/termcap.  Taking a look I found there was
not termcap there so I copied the one over from the server
(along with termcap.db).  The results were gratifying. ^L
now clears the screen.  vi actually starts and will in fact
edit a file -- though it can't lock the recovery file and
it sets reverse video on the text.  Doesn't work perfectly,
but it is better than before...

Got telnetd started -- thanks.

man doesn't start -- looks like the libstdc++ problems you
mentioned to David.

Now that I've got this stuff working -- what would be
the most useful testing I could do at this point?  (I want
to get into the porting effort but I'm not quite up to it
yet)

                                                   Sean