Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 1999 19:14:23 -0400
From:      Rick Knebel <rknebel@uplink.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   scsi card

Hi,
I just recently bought a computer with linux on it and added a second hard
drive and added freebsd 3.2.

My only problem is that my second scsi card which has my scanner,cdwriter,
and zip drive hooked up is not recognized.

Here is the description from the dmesg in Linux.

i91u: PCI Base=0xB400, IRQ=10, BIOS=0xFF000, SCSI ID=7
i91u: Reset SCSI Bus ...
scsi1 : Initio INI-9X00U/UW SCSI device driver; Revision: 1.03d
scsi : 2 hosts.
  Vendor: YAMAHA    Model: CRW4416S          Rev: 1.0g
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02
  Vendor: IOMEGA    Model: ZIP 100           Rev: J.03
Detected scsi removable disk sdc at scsi1, channel 0, id 2, lun 0
  Vendor: UMAX      Model: Astra 1220S       Rev: V1.2
  Type:   Scanner                            ANSI SCSI revision: 02
sdc : READ CAPACITY failed.
sdc : status = 1, message = 00, host = 0, driver = 28
sdc : extended sense code = 2
sdc : block size assumed to be 512 bytes, disk size 1GB.
 sdc:scsidisk I/O error: dev 08:20, sector 0
 unable to read partition table

I guess it is an Initio. Anyone know if this is supported in FreeBSD or
do I have another problem.
My Ultra SCSI-2 card is recognized fine from symbios.

Thanks
Rick

--
Rick Knebel