Date:      Sun, 7 Nov 1999 01:11:41 +0200
From:      "Patrik Pehrsson" <papehrs@dlc.fi>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp, isdn and sio2 speed

Hi all,

I'm running FreeBSD 3.2 on a 486DX2-50 with 16MB RAM. For my
Internet connection I use an external isdn-modem connected to sio2
(LavaPort ISA card with a 16650 UART, my kernel is compiled with
"flags 0x20000" for sio2).

The problem is that if I put "set speed 115200" into my ppp.conf user-
ppp does not work. With "set speed 57600" everything seems to
work fine. Same problem if I try to talk to the modem with cu. "cu -l
/dev/cuaa2 -s 57600" works,  while "cu -l /dev/cuaa2 -s 115200" does
not.

How can I get this to work with the higher speed? The LavaPort-card
can handle speeds up to 460800.

Also, when using Netscape I get messages like:
"/kernel: sio2: 26 more interrupt level overflows"
Is this related to the problem above or is Netscape just too much to
handle for my old machine?

Thanks in advance,

-patrik