Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 22:56:25 -0700
From:      "Kulraj Gurm (bosa.ca account)" <kulraj@bosa.ca>
To:        "Vincent Poy" <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: the AMD factor in FreeBSD

> True but speaking about AMD, PIII and the likes, where does the
> Xeon fit in?

Remember way back in the Pentium days? The Pentium Pro was a great CPU for
32bit OS's (WinNT, FreeBSD, OS/2 to name a few) but it sucked big time
running Win95. As far as I know the Xeon is a progression on that family of
CPU's - server orientated and reasonably well peforming under 32bit OS.
But the key question in everybodys mind is bang for your buck - guess what
this will bring me right back to the Athlon!