Date:      Fri, 19 May 1995 07:55:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      jfieber@cs.smith.edu (John Fieber)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Upgrade procedure from 2.0R to Current

Having finished classes and thus having a bit more time, I'd like
to catch up with FreeBSD-current.  Via CTM, I now have the current
(as of yesterday) sources.  I have not done a source code upgrade
since the patchkit days so I have a couple questions

1.   How much work space is required for a make world.

1a.  Is is reasonable to follow along, cleaning up object files
     as the build proceeds if I don't have quite enough space?

2.   Can I just "make world", build a new kernel, install the new
     /etc and reboot, or is there something that is going to
     break coming from a system as far back as 2.0R?

Thanks,

-john