Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 1996 15:07:18 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        Peter Wemm <peter@freefall.freebsd.org>, freebsd-smp@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Console lockup

> so I have "make world' done, a non-SMP kernel built and working.

Does it work fine all the time?

> I can build both APIC_IO and non-APIC_IO kernels.
> They start, show no problems, both get to point of wanting keyboard input,
>  (i started them '-s')
> At this point they both lock, looks like keyboard input is hosed.  If I hit
> numlock i get "^@^@", but no change, ie the numlock light stays lit.  So the
> kernel appears to be catching INT1, but the sc driver seems unhappy.
>
> Any theories???

Syscons has changed quite a bit in the last week or so to accomodate the
PS/2 mouse.  There are known bugs/bogosities in the code (according to
Bruce), but the author's fixes cause it to not work at all on one of my
test boxes, so I haven't applied the fixes to the tree.

We've got to get on this pretty quick, so hopefully we'll have this
resolved soon.

In the meantime, if you can back out to the 1.186 version of syscons
from the CVS tree I suspect all of your problems will go away.

Nate