Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 2004 12:04:15 -0800
From:      "Michael J. Pelletier" <mjpelletier@mjpelletier.com>
To:        znerd@FreeBSD.org, openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   A hack I used to compile openoffice with linux-sun-jdk1.4.2 on FreeBSD 5.3

Hello,

I was having problems compiling Openoffice on FreeBSD 5.3. I am using the
latest code/ports ( updated via CVS on Dec 1 2004 ). I got this error during
the compilation of Openoffice:

/usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/include/jni.h:27:20: jni_md.h: No such file or
directory

After looking at the header file /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/include/jni.h I
found that it was looking for the header file jni_md.h in the same directory
( /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/include ) when in fact it was located in a
subdirectory "linux". In other words the jni_md.h was in the
directory /usr/local/linux-sun-jdk1.4.2/include/linux.

I made a soft linux to temporarily fix it but, I am not sure if this is the
correct long term fix.

I just wanted to let someone know what the problem was.

Thanks,
Michael Pelletier