Date:      Thu, 2 May 2002 14:53:14 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Troy Barnhart <barney@RapidNet.com>
To:        Joseph.Warner@siemens.com
Cc:        barney@rapidnet.com, mark.rowlands@minmail.net, FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT:  RE: Backing Up FreeBSD with ArcServe

minor additional fyi's.

1.  my arcserve 2000 installation is patched to service pack 3
2.  my win2k server is sp2 and an Active Directory Controller.
3.  my FreeBSD box is 4.4 w/ the rpm package and linux compat.

IIRC - as i did the setup last fall - I had to tweak the config's
a bit after the install -

Arcserve can be a bear to setup and use - but now i can backup
all my windows, aix, and linux/freebsd in one console.

working on getting the solaris and oracle stuff also...

since you are from siemens...  we will even be doing our PACS
installation onto the SAN w/ arcserve products = only veritas
and tivoli come close.

anyone ever work any with Legato?

regards,
barney