Date:      Thu, 25 Oct 2007 19:50:54 -0600
From:      Kim Shrier <kim@tinker.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppoa connection

I am wondering if the following is possible.

My local ISP only uses pppoa for their DSL customers.  They
have provided me with an Actiontec GT701 DSL modem.  I want
to configure the modem to use RFC 1483 transparent bridging.
This modem has both an ethernet and USB interface for the
LAN connection.

I have a FreeBSD box that I have configured as my router and
firewall.  It is currently being used to connect to my ISP
using a radio link so I know that it is configured properly
for routing and firewalling.

The question is, can I establish a pppoa connection from the
FreeBSD box to my ISP by sending packets over ethernet to the
DSL modem?

Thanks,
Kim