Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:34:37 +0200
From:      Volker Kindermann <ml@ps102.de>
To:        "Patrick Wheeler" <patfiles@fastmail.fm>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Major Installation Problems

Hi Patrick,

> The lines above the quoted output go through what appears to be
> recognizing my other hardware including my Voodoo2 graphics card.  The
> first to lines of this output is my network card, and the last line is
> the on-board graphics chip.

is there a conflict with your graphic card and the onboard graphic chip?

Try this:

- If there is a jumper on the mainboard to disable the onboard chip,
check if it is set and try again.

- If the above don't work, remove the Voodoo2 card and enable the
onboard chip, and try again. Does it work now?

 -volker